Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trip from River Hills Park to lettuce Lake Park

Made a trip on the Hillsborough River from River Hills Park just upriver from the dam to lettuce Lake Park. The trip was good. This trip I made myself and was alone. This section of the Hillsborough River is pretty populated. It's like kayaking through people's backyard. There is sections that is vacant property. Was able to see some birds is I paddled down but very little wildlife. Did see a few alligators. The gators are pretty common on the Hillsborough River. It is great that they have made such a comeback. I made trips along this river when I was a kid and you could see numerous gators. As I got older it got to the point where you did not see any alligators. Along this section of the river there is still a lot to see. You go through areas of cypress trees. Where you have to weave your way through. There are sections that are wide open with very little shade. It was a nice trip as I went up the river but what I turn to come back the weather started getting bad. As I paddled back I saw a black cloud coming. I knew I was not getting around it. When it started raining the rain was cold and I have forgotten my hat. The only good thing is that I was going downstream. When I made it back to the truck I had quite a bit of water in the kayak from the rain.

This section is still a nice trip but the area upriver from lettuce Lake is much more secluded. I like the area up from lettuce Lake for this reason. There are plenty of areas to fish. This section is open and easy paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment